4.03.2011

Sultry Wife

Its this beautifully dreary day. Wonderful, really. Our home is giving shelter as the North blows its spring rain hard. 

Adele is on, a nice way to feel instant sultry. 

Sultry, an attractiveness of a woman that suggests a passionate nature. Maybe. 

The last sip of tea is cold. And this strange flock of black birds are flying unjointly in the back yard. 

I want to stay here forever. I want to be his wife and be allowed to direct all my love and energies to that man. 

Time to learn to cherish each other. 

I miss him, my husband. Leaving this morning, I miss him here with me. This house is so quiet. But please don't take this to mean anything more than the rantings of a sultry wife. Passionate for a man she has learned to love in such an unusual way, as all lovers think their love shines brightest. 






Last night I helped, as in I watched and handed him a screw driver when he needed it, as Scott fixed his pickup. And even though it was 11:30 p.m. when he was done and he had to leave for work at 4:30 in the morning, he came in and helped me measure and level to put my shelf up in the kitchen. 

Whenever he leaves for work (and he leaves for 10 to, now, 30 days at a time) I get in this sad, depressed place. I know that once the hustle of the week begins tomorrow, my sadness will subside, today is trying. 

I have always prided myself on how ok I am to be alone. And it still is something I am happy to say I am. And maybe the past years that I learned that trait, it was working me and callusing me into being prepared for and be sustained during the times my husband would be gone from home. I love how God provides for our lives in such a long run, big picture. 

Dear Jesus, I cannot begin or end my thankfulness to You for Scott. I am truly no deserving. 

-e.kingston

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I know the feeling...never had my hubby gone for days at a time, but still, even the hours in ONE day can seem like a long time to a farmer's wife. I had to finally find places like these to take the loneliness away! SO happy for you and your new life as a married lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you share your heart, Erica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have always prided myself on how ok I am to be alone." This sounds exactly like me, E. Before I got married, I soooo loved my "alone time." Now that I have my hubby, I struggle terribly with feeling sad when he's away. I cannot even imagine being without him for as long as you have to. I will pray for you, sweet friend. May the strength and love of the Lord sustain you and give you great joy. :) Much love, R

    ReplyDelete